Bear in mind that this is a 27 year old pickup. It is much more a work truck than just transportation.
It has some very minor cosmetic defects – several small bumps and dings acquired over the years.
This 1993 Ford extended cab Seven foot bed pickup truck was originally from Donnelly, Idaho. It was also used to fetch and tote the kids and groceries. There was a goose-neck trailer hitch installed at one point for vacations and other trips. It also has a 2-inch receiver hitch. The current owner acquired it in early 2019. It has now been refitted with a totally rebuilt 1984 Ford 302 V8 engine, and other power components were replaced as appropriate. New gaskets and seals throughout. Check the list below – now it’s a like-new screamer.
- Front Suspension – was thoroughly checked for wear and alignment, and radius arm bushings replaced. New WARN locking front hubs.
- Engine – cylinders and crank checked for wear, new piston rings, rebuilt heads, rod and main bearings, camshaft and cam bearings, timing chain and sprockets, timing chain cover, serpentine belt, water pump. It has lots of power, to tow a trailer.
- Liquids – Radiator hoses and coolant, air intake hoses, EGR valve, supply and return fuel lines. The bed was removed, and NEW fuel pumps and fuel level senders installed in both tanks.
- Drive Line – transfer case main shaft oil seals and custom shift lever, New WARN locking front hubs, bushings in all four U-joints in both drive lines.
- New exhaust pipes and muffler.
- Body – wheel opening trim rings removed and restored, minor body rot sanded or ground out – this pickup lived in snow country – light bondo applied as required, entire body sanded and primed.
- Paint – four applications of ESSS Ford Red – the original color – gloss polyurethane auto enamel applied. Same paint in Satin Black color along the bottom of both sides and the bottom of the tail gate as a trim strip. Bed lining spray paint applied to the entire bed interior. Wheel opening trim rings re-installed with new fasteners.
- Bed – protective rubber bed rail covers mounted and bolted to both bed side rails, along with a protective rubber cover bolted to the inside and top of the tail gate. The bolt hole pattern in the bed says this was equipped with a goose neck trailer hitch at one time, and there is also the 2 inch receiver hitch frame mounted, for other towing.
- Cab interior – front and rear seats removed, all soft surfaces thoroughly vacuum cleaned, hard surfaces sprayed with cleaning solution and wiped down. New seat covers installed on both front seats. Custom black mat installed over the top of the dashboard.
Mechanically and cosmetically this 1993 Ford F-150 extended cab is very close to new.
Fewer than 50 miles on the engine.
Location: Emmett, Idaho, United States
See listing: 1993 Ford F-150 XLT (A Thorough Restoration of a Classic 4WD Truck) (from August 23, 2020)